Education & Leadership
Fraternity and Sorority Leadership Retreat
Hosted at the beginning of winter quarter, the Fraternity and Sorority Leadership Retreat emphasizes team building, leadership development, values-based decision making, effective communication, and community development. Students will return to UCR with an action plan, as well as the skills, relationships, and courage to make positive change within the fraternity and sorority community.
New Member Summit
Hosted every quarter, this series of educational workshops is required for all students who join a fraternity or sorority in that quarter. Students have the opportunity to meet fellow new members, understand shared values, and learn what to expect as a new member.
New Member Summit Dates
Fall quarter: October 26, 2023
Winter Quarter: February 1, 2024
Spring Quarter: April 24, 2024
Pillars Awards Banquet
The annual Pillars Awards Banquet is a spring quarter tradition where fraternities and sororities are recognized for their achievements from the prior spring quarter through winter quarter. Achievements are recognized by submission of a comprehensive application and review process.
2023 Pillars Award Winner
- Chapter of the Year: Sigma Phi Epsilon
- Leadership Pillar Award: Gamma Phi Beta
- Friendship Pillar Award: Pi Beta Phi
- Service Pillar Award: Sigma Kappa
- Scholarship Pillar Award: Alpha Epsilon Pi
- Highest Average GPA by Council: Lambda Sigma Gamma (CMC), Gamma Phi Beta (CPA), Alpha Epsilon Pi (IFC), Alpha Kappa Alpha (NPHC)
- Excellence in Chapter Management: Delta Chi
- FSIC Presidents of the Year: Steven Vu (Zeta Phi Rho), Hyatt Yosef (Delta Gamma), Christopher Juarez (Nu Alpha Kappa), JP Wiafe (Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc.)
- FSIC New Member of the Year: Akaash Bahl (Sigma Phi Epsilon), Adriana Patino (Kappa Kappa Gamma)
- FSIC Community Member of the Year: Emily Macias (Sigma Pi Alpha), Emily Rogers (Alpha Delta Pi), Damian Pow (Alpha Epsilon Pi), Kennedy Lincoln (Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.)
FSIC Hall of Fame: Diego Munoz-Giovanelli (Sigma Phi Epsilon), Faraaz Hasta (Delta Chi)