Fraternity and Sorority Leadership Retreat
Hosted at the beginning of winter quarter, the Fraternity and Sorority Leadership Retreat emphasizes team building, leadership development, values-based decision making, effective communication and community development. Students will return to UCR with an action plan, as well as the skills, relationships and courage to make positive change within the fraternity and sorority community.
New Member Summit
Hosted every quarter, this series of educational workshops is required for all students who join a fraternity or sorority in that quarter. Students have the opportunity to meet fellow new members, understand shared values and learn what to expect as a new member.
Pillars Week & Awards
Pillars Week is an annual spring quarter tradition that unites all fraternities and sororities to promote community pride while engaging in meaningful community service and fun team-building events. Fraternities and sororities team up to compete in leadership, service and educational events. The week culminates in the annual Pillars Awards Banquet, where fraternities and sororities are recognized for their acheivements.
2018-2019 Pillars Awards Applications
Fall Quarter: Friday, December 21, 2018
Winter Quarter: Wednesday, March 27, 2019
Spring Quarter: Thursday, April 18, 2019
2017 Pillars Award Winners
- Chapter of the Year: Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc.
- Leadership Pillar Award: Sigma Phi Epsilon
- Friendship Pillar Award: Alpha Delta Pi
- Service Pillar Award: Kappa Kappa Gamma
- Scholarship Pillar Award: Lambda Theta Alpha
- Highest Average GPA by Council: Zeta Phi Rho (CMC), Gamma Phi Beta (CPA), Alpha Epsilon Pi (IFC), Alpha Kappa Alpha (NPHC)
- Excellence in Chapter Management: Sigma ALpha Epsilon
- FSIC Presidents of the Year: Anh Le (Zeta Phi Rho) and Caesar Pacheco (Sigma Delta Alpha)
- FSIC New Member of the Year: Dionne Martin (Latinic Societas Unitas)
- FSIC Member of the Year: Shigufa Saleheen (Pi Beta Phi)
- FSIC Hall of Fame: Raghad Tabaza (Epsilon Alpha Sigma), Ryan Funai (Sigma Alpha Epsilon), Nayaab Kazmi (Sigma Kappa)
- Chapter of the Year (per council): Lambda Theta Alpha Latin Sorority Inc. (CMC), Kappa Kappa Gamm (CPA), Sigma Alpha Epsilon (IFC), Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc. (NPHC)