Benefits For Veterans

A group of UCR student veterans pose together on campus.

In honor of your service, you have access to a number of benefits that will further your education and expand your skill set.

 To learn more about tuition assistance, financial aid, and where to go for additional resources, visit the following pages: 

Other Educational Benefits

We are happy to assist you with in providing information regarding educational benefits through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. These include:

  • Apply for Admission and Be Admitted as a UCR Student

    An application for VA benefits does not constitute an application for admission to an educational institution.

    Admissions Information for Undergraduates Freshman and Transfer Students

    Admissions Information for Graduate Students

  • Apply for Federal Financial Aid with a FAFSA Form

    In addition to your VA educational benefits, you may also be eligible for grants, scholarships and loans. These sources may be particularly helpful in meeting your initial school expenses while you are waiting to receive benefits from VA. Complete your FAFSA early.

  • Establish Educational Benefits Eligibility Through the VA
    File Your Application Online

    Apply for VA educational benefits, if you haven't already done so.

    You will need the following to complete the application:
    • Create username/password.
    • Fill out VA Form 22-1990.
    • Have ready electronic DD-214 and if applicable, your kicker contract and/or proof of $600 buy-up
    • Bank information (name of bank, routing number and account number)
    • If known, school address, educational objective (degree) and date of your enrollment
    • Former college information (degree, address and dates)
    • Non-military job information (type, length of time and any licensing)
    • ROTC//Service Academy/Student Loan Repayment Program information
  • Certify Your Enrollment with Financial Aid

    Contact Financial Aid when you are enrolled in classes to certify your enrollment to VA. VA certifying officials process your paperwork proving to the VA that you are enrolled in classes that meet requirements for your degree objective. 

    • Financial Aid
      Highlander One-Stop Shop (HOSS)
      First Floor, Student Services Building
      Monday–Friday, 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
      Phone: (951) 827-3878
      Fax: (951) 827-5619

    Don't miss the information about priority enrollment and other important considerations for UCR veterans and members of the military.

  • Find Other Veterans on Campus

    Join your local student veterans group or start your own. You can start by joining the UCR Student Veterans & Servicemembers Facebook Group